CAT Magazine

CAT Magazine

Fun Facts & Fav Recipe with author T.J. Dell - Whispers In The Woods



When TJ isn't reading or writing (which is almost never), she is enjoying a blissfully boring life with her family in Maryland.  Her two greatest wishes are to serve on a Starfleet Starship or to be invited to join the Justice League.  Sure her chances are slim, but she's a big believer in dreaming big. 
A hopeless romantic to her very core, TJ's books explore every corner of the wobbly-kneed-world of romance novels.  She has a particular penchant for Young Adult themes.  Dell's debut novel 'Her Best Friend's Brother' is enjoying its tenth month as an Amazon best seller, and her popular Elfkin Series is hot on its heels.
For more information follow her on Facebook at facebook.com/dell.tj



Author Fun Facts  


1. Favorite Author

Gee, I try not to choose favorites!  But....Currently I am reading everything Jennifer Armentrout that I can get my hands on.  One of my buy-on-release authors is Sophie Kinsella... love her!

2. Favorite Book

My favorites tend to change daily.  I've read Mercedes Lackey's Arrows of the Queen approximately a thousand times... does that qualify?

3. Favorite Movie

A tossup between Tombstone and Crybaby.  I'm a sucker for the swoon-worthy bad boy type.

4. Preferred Drink

Cherry Coke.  A world without Cherry Coke wouldn't be worth living in.

5. Favorite Activity

Being a mom, I don't get much non-toddler oriented recreation these days.  When I do, I like to sit down with some old friends and play a friendly game of poker.

6. One thing readers would be surprised to know about you.

Besides the fact that I am the reigning queen of awesome?  Oh, I guess that isn't particularly surprising!  Seriously I'm not very exciting, but it might surprise you to know that I've seen every episode of Batman Beyond... several times.  That was the best superhero cartoon ever!  Of course it only ran for a short while, so lately I've had to settle for watching Young Justice, and The Green Lantern.  That sounded a tad less geek-tastic in my head...

7. Actor/actress you see playing your main character in your book.           

You would think that I would have the full cast already set in stone as I await my (clearly inevitable) movie deal.  The truth is that I never actually get very far.  I think the characters are too real for me in my head and to paste anyone else on top of them feels strange.  I do think that Nick Roux would make a good Lucas.  It's his smile I think.

8. Night owl or early bird.

Night Owl, despite all my efforts to morph into the more productive early bird I just hate getting out of bed before seven in the morning.

9. Favorite dinner.

Macaroni and Cheese and Fish Sticks!   I don't want to class it up either.  Give me instant Kraft in the blue box and Gordon's Fisherman!

10. Favorite romantic gesture (received or given).

I want to say something dramatic and exciting like a surprise trip to the Caribbean or a thousand yellow daisies, but really it is the little everyday moments that count the most. 
A million years ago (actually it was ten) when I was in my first apartment my then boyfriend (now husband) picked me up for a date and handed me a universal television remote.  It wasn't for any special reason.  He had simply noticed that I was using four or five different remotes (most of which were usually lost) for all my assorted hand-me-down media equipment. 
For bonus points... he even programmed it for me.  It was a small thing, but all these years later I still remember it.

Vol. I
When Evie Parker meets Lucas Spencer she begins to feel hope again. Lately she's been going through life in a fog and Lucas is all about teaching her how to have fun again. For the first time since the accident she knows what it means to be happy.

So who cares if Lucas is a little odd. It isn't that strange that she's never met his parents, or that teachers never seem to notice when he's late for class. Evie tries not to care, but on top of all his peculiar behavior she's been feeling kind of sick lately-- ever since she met Lucas actually.

When Lucas decides it is time to come clean with all his secrets Evie has to make some hard decisions.

Vol. II
All Evie wants is a little bit of normal in her life-- is that really too much to ask?
Lucas isn't normal, but he makes her happy. That should count for something. Evie thinks she can find a balance that will let her be normal and also be with him.

Of course she hadn't counted on adding his family into the mix, or his ex-girlfriend.

Life with an elf is never boring.

Vol III
Lucas and Evie were finally at a place where Evie was comfortable with her mix of normal human teenager and fantastical elf boyfriend. Then she went and got herself crushed by a tree.

Evie wakes up with a whole lot of extra issues to deal with. Not the least of which is a trip inside the Veil to see Lucas's home. She never would have agreed to go if she'd known she was going to have her own secret to hide.

Genre:Young Adult Paranormal Romance
Publisher:Independently published
Release Date:May 21, 2012



Favorite Recipe from TJ Dell

Crock Pot Pulled Pork
This is always a huge hit.  I get asked to bring it along to parties all the time.

Ingredients
·         Boneless Pork roast
·         Bottle of Jack Daniels original BBQ Sauce (you can use any brand you like, but my family loves this stuff)
·         20-24 oz of root beer (this can be any brand.  Excellent chance to take advantage of store-brand pricing)
·         Sandwich rolls
·         Sliced cheddar cheese

Pierce the roast several times with a sharp knife and then place in crock pot. 
Pour root beer over roast.  Cook on low for 6-7 hours.  The meat will shred easily with a fork when it is done.

When the meat is shred-able move it to a separate plate or bowl and shred with two forks.
Drain off the liquid left in the crock pot and put the pork back in.  stir in desired amount of bbq sauce.  We use most of the bottle.  Continue to cook on low for at least 30 minutes.
Serve on rolls topped with slices of cheddar!  Trust me on the cheese here.   It might sound odd to put cheese on pulled pork, but it is de-lic-ous!


3 Responses to "Fun Facts & Fav Recipe with author T.J. Dell - Whispers In The Woods"

Tammi Dell said...

I'm serious about the cheese. You have to try it

bkwalker said...

I trust you on the cheese lol. I've learned to never judge anything before trying it at least once. You never know what may be the next new flavor of love :)

Hazel West said...

Sounds good! And cheese is good on everything ;) I agree with you about Cherry Coke or just Coke in general. It would be a sad world without it.